Events and Programs
We will update this section to reflect additional upcoming events soon. Thank you for your patience.
It’s that time of year when we start securing historic Lansingburgh homes to feature on our 4th Annual Historical Home Tour in May. If you have an older home in Lansingburgh that still has a lot of its original exterior and interior architecture intact, and would consider opening your home or even part of it, please get in touch with us to set up an appointment to meet with us. Please call (all in 518 area code) Suzanne Busta, 235-3924, Patricia Dorow, 235-0730 or Mary Ellen Ward, 885-4295.
Trustees will be further planning the years’ events and open houses.
Saturday, April 14, 2018 – Open House 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM and tag sale
Saturday, April 21, 2018 – Spring Clean-up at Lansingburgh Village Burial Ground at 3rd Ave. & 107th St. 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Saturday, May 19, 2018 – Open House and Lansingburgh house tour, details to come $
Saturday, June 9, 2018 – Open House 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
July 28, 2018 Herman Melville Birthday Party – speaker Wyn Kelley, Professor of Literature at MIT, on “Teaching Moby Dick in a Digital World” $
• Oakwood Cemetery http://www.oakwoodcemetery.org/cal_events.html
• Rensselaer County Historical Society http://www.rchsonline.org/programs/
• Hudson Mohawk Industrial Gateway http://hudsonmohawkgateway.org/tourscurrent.html
• Van Schaick Mansion http://www.vanschaickmansion.org/?page_id=624
• Brunswick Historical Society https://www.bhs-ny.org/events/
• Knickerbocker Historical Society (Schaghticoke) http://www.knickmansion.com/events
• Waterford Historical Museum and Cultural Center http://waterfordmuseum.com/plan-a-visit/test/
• Watervliet Historical Society https://www.facebook.com/Watervliet-Historical-Society-211135512273008/
• Spindle City Historic Society http://www.spindlecity.net
• Sanctuary for Independent Media http://www.mediasanctuary.org/upcoming-events