[Lansingburgh] Northern Centinel, 1787-1788.
Weekly. Established May 21, 1787, by Claxton & Babcock (Claxton and John Babcock), with the title of “The Northern Centinel, and Lansingborough Advertiser”. With the issue of Oct. 15, 1787, “Lansingborough” in the title was changed to “Lansingburgh”, the printers having been led into error through “being strangers here when they first established their business”.
The last issue located is that of Jan. 15, 1788, vol. 1, no. 35, and the paper was discontinued before the end of January, and removed to Albany where it was established as “The Federal Herald” on Feb. 11, 1788.
Brigham, Clarence S. “Bibliography of American Newspapers, 1690-1820.” Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society. April 1917. 272-273. https://books.google.com/books?id=QsQ8AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA272