During the existence of the Town of Lansingburgh, Grant’s Hollow formed part of North Lansingburgh from at least 1819 (when part of the Town of Schaghticoke south of the Deep Kill was annexed) to 1901. It was named for Isaac Travis Grant (1808-1868).
In the above image, a view facing south, the intersection of Grant Hollow Road and Maple Lane is in the foreground. The red x’s indicate the line where the Deep Kill runs. The houses facing north along that line are on Willow Lane.
A. E. and N. B. Powers of Lansingburgh completed Saturday the purchase of the real estate and personal property of the Grant manufacturing company at Grant’s Hollow, near Melrose. A reorganization will be effected and the business continued.
Troy Daily Times. November 26, 1894: 2 col 6.
Kelly, Christina. “Isaac Travis Grant and Grant’s Hollow.” History of the Town of Schaghticoke. October 21, 2013. https://schaghticokehistory.wordpress.com/2013/10/21/isaac-travis-grant-and-grants-hollow/