Bank of D. Powers & Sons
IN view of the great inconvenience likely to be caused to the people of the vicinity by the suspension of the Bank of Lansingburgh, the subscribers have opened a
for the convenience of such persons, banks, or business houses, as may desire to transact business with them, and will, in addition to the usual business of banking, lend to the creditors of the Bank of Lansingburgh, sums of money on the pledge of the evidences of its indebtedness.
The business will be conducted in the former banking room of the Bank of Lansingburgh, and the title of the house will be
Lansingburgh, March 20, 1877. 18-tf
Lansingburgh Gazette. March 31 1877: 3 col 5.
—D. Powers and Sons’ bank building, corner of Second avenue and [One Hundred] Seventeenth street will be remodeled and greatly improved. A modern roof will be put on and the entire front of the structure altered. Work has already commenced.
“Notes About Town.” Lansingburgh Courier. September 21, 1889: 3 col 1.