Events and Programs
We will update this section to reflect additional upcoming events soon. Thank you for your patience.
It’s that time of year when we start securing historic Lansingburgh homes to feature on our 4th Annual Historical Home Tour in May. If you have an older home in Lansingburgh that still has a lot of its original exterior and interior architecture intact, and would consider opening your home or even part of it, please get in touch with us to set up an appointment to meet with us. Please call (all in 518 area code) Suzanne Busta, 235-3924, Patricia Dorow, 235-0730 or Mary Ellen Ward, 885-4295.
Trustees will be further planning the years’ events and open houses.
Saturday, April 21, 2018 – Spring Clean-up at Lansingburgh Village Burial Ground at 3rd Ave. & 107th St. 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Talk – 100 Years of NYS Suffrage
The Melville House, 7 PM, by
Jennifer Lemak & Ashley Hopkins Benton, NYS Museum Curators, a $5.00 donation is greatly appreciated.
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Lansingburgh Historic Homes & Buildings Self-Guided Tour – Tickets, $15, in advance, $20 Day of, 9:45AM-1:45PM Pick up tickets on Tour Day at the Melville House.
Saturday, June 2, 2018
Community Clean-Up at the Melville House Gardens, 9AM-1PM
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
LHS Bash, Speaker, Michael Barrett
The Van Schaick Country Club, 201 Continental Ave,12047. Buffet Dinner at 5:30 PM Speaker at 7:00.
July 28, 2018 Herman Melville Birthday Party – speaker Wyn Kelley, Professor of Literature at MIT, on “Teaching Moby Dick in a Digital World” $
Saturday, August 18, 2018
6th Annual Burgher Kids’ Clam Steam, Saturday, August 18, 2018, Veterans of Lansingburgh, 1:00 PM
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Open House at the Herman Melville House 10AM-2PM $5 Donation Suggested
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Ghost Stories at the Herman Melville House (Details TBA)
Thursday, November 8, 2018
Holiday Party at the Van Schaick Country Club, 201 Continental Ave,12047 (at 5:30 PM. Vernon Benjamin, author of The History of the Hudson Valley speaking at 7:00 PM. Details to be announced.
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Open House at the Herman Melville House 10A-2P $5 Donation Requested
• Oakwood Cemetery http://www.oakwoodcemetery.org/cal_events.html
• Rensselaer County Historical Society http://www.rchsonline.org/programs/
• Hudson Mohawk Industrial Gateway http://hudsonmohawkgateway.org/tourscurrent.html
• Van Schaick Mansion http://www.vanschaickmansion.org/?page_id=624
• Brunswick Historical Society https://www.bhs-ny.org/events/
• Knickerbocker Historical Society (Schaghticoke) http://www.knickmansion.com/events
• Waterford Historical Museum and Cultural Center http://waterfordmuseum.com/plan-a-visit/test/
• Watervliet Historical Society https://www.facebook.com/Watervliet-Historical-Society-211135512273008/
• Spindle City Historic Society http://www.spindlecity.net
• Sanctuary for Independent Media http://www.mediasanctuary.org/upcoming-events